Social media sites play a key role in local business’ visibility in search results. When a potential or current client Googles your business, (and believe me they will before deciding to do business with you) ideally, your business website should appear first, followed by social sites. The more proactive your social media strategy, the higher likelihood your pages will attract followers- and in turn, appear within search. Give it a try. Google your name or company name. Does your website appear first? Where do your social sites appear and in what order? I tried this with my company name – Fina Promos My website appears first followed by Fina Promos Google Plus Page, Fina Promos Facebook Page, Fina Promos LinkedIn Page, Fina Promos Pinterest, My You Tube Page and finally my blog.
What can you (or you social media marketing partner) do to help your local (organic) SEO rankings? In two words- Engage Regularly! Here are 5 action steps you can take to regularly engage with your online audience:
- Develop a strong social media strategy that includes engagement and follower goals like the one in this inforgraphic from Social Media Online Classes
- Post updates on your new products or services offered. Can you feature a “product of the day, week, or month” and highlight the benefits?
- Create promotions or giveaways that require engagement from your audience. Everyone loves a chance to win a promotional product, branded gift or premium. Gift cards also make great promotions since they are easy to distribute and less bulky than larger gifts. Give away a chance to win your product or service for free if this is possible
- Highlight stories of relevence to your customers. Who is your target audience and what are their concerns? Posting about things happening in your city or town puts you on the map with local rankings!
- Engage on social media by responding to those reaching out to you via your social sites with questions or feedback on their orders.
I hope these few tips help you see good results with your visibility online.
All my best,
Audrey Gotto-Fina Promos